Kanije Hablemitoglu Meduna
International Turkish Legal Consultant
Detail-oriented, team player, multi-tasker, diligent and organized. Eager to learn and take initiative when necessary. Strong analytical, drafting and research skills. Main academic focus on international business law – M&A, European competition law, WTO Law, corporate law, venture capital – and alternative dispute resolution methods.
2017: Emirates Wildlife Society – in assoc. with WWF – Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Research Intern - Corporate Social Responsibility/Environment & Sustainability Hotel and Insurance Industry
- Main tasks: Researching priority prospects and build data sheet with background on CSR initiatives, key contacts and company profiles, providing facts and figures about the industries, stakeholder management, supporting the team with additional research tasks.
From November 2015 to February 2016: OSCE – Vienna, AUSTRIA
- Intern at the Office of the Representative on Freedom of the Media.
- Main tasks: Conducting legal research and providing explanations and translations for Turkish legislations that have direct and indirect effects on freedom of expression, preparing a comprehensive research on prosecuted journalists, monitoring media freedom issues in Turkey, assisting with research on incidents of harassment, intimidation and assaults against journalists within the OSCE region, assisting with events, drafting press releases, attending to the weekly Permanent Council meetings and prepare reports, supporting the office with editorial tasks regarding publications.
From September 2013 to December 2013: Al-Jad Law Firm – Beirut, LEBANON
- Intern legal consultant based in Turkey.
- Main tasks: Participating in weekly training sessions to improve legal writing in English, providing consultation in Turkish commercial law, preparing presentations about the oil & gas market in Turkey, liaising with Turkish energy law firms, writing reports on corporate structure and establishment process in Turkey.
From October 2010 to April 2011: Sariibrahimoglu Law Office – Ankara, TURKEY
- Legal intern.
- Main tasks: Conducting legal research for cases, networking with potential clients and representing the firm on networking events, corresponding on behalf of the firm, drafting and reviewing of employment and commercial contracts (mostly for foreign missions), translating documents (ENG-TR).
From March 2014 to August 2016: University of Vienna – Vienna, AUSTRIA
European and International Business Law LL.M. Thesis subject: “Arbitration and Expert Determination as Dispute Resolution Mechanisms in Stages of Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions Transactions”.
From September 2009 to August 2013: Bilkent University, Faculty of Law – Ankara, TURKEY.
From August 2007 to June 2009: International Baccalaureate Diploma obtained at Bilkent Laboratory International School – Ankara, TURKEY.
"The new dimension of asymmetrical wars with nation building and counter-insurgency: The conflict between the United States and Iraq" Translated to Turkish by Omer Atagenc, NASIL Magazine, May 10th, 2010.
Excellent command of Microsoft Office, basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.