Certified Data Protection Expert (CIPP/E), IT & FinTech Lawyer
Artem Kobrin is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/E). As a Certified Information Privacy Professional (https://goo.gl/yL1NVG ), he can assess European privacy laws and regulations and understands the legal requirements for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data to and from the U.S., the EU and other jurisdictions. As of March 1, 2017, the CIPP/E exam is updated to include relevant information about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This certificate is held by top data protection lawyers from Big Four companies, Baker McKenzie, Adidas, etc.
He has more than 7 years’ experience advising IT companies. This includes drafting legally compliant documents and internal procedures, and advising to comply with privacy, information security, contract, e-commerce, intellectual property, Internet laws. He is a legal advisor for several Blockchain and FinTech projects.
Artem specializes in the following areas:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance (Data Processing Agreement, Security Policy, Retention Policy; Data Mapping; Data Privacy Impact Assessment, Data keeping Internal Procedures, etc.);
- Electronic communication privacy compliance according to Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive 2002;
- USA privacy laws (Information Security and Data Breach Notification Laws, FERPA, HIPAA, COPPA, Telecommunications and Marketing laws, California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), etc.);
- General Business Matters (Founders Agreement, Shareholders Agreement, Term Sheet, Operating Agreement, Option Pool, Non-Disclosure Agreement, Contractor Agreement, Employee Agreement, Master Service Agreement, Statement of Work, etc.);
- Intellectual property and license (Copyright, Intellectual Property Assignment, License Agreement, etc.).
E X P E R I E N C E
05/2018 - Present
CEO AT FUTURLEX [Estonia]
Manage a law firm and successfully provided legal services to more than 100 companies
04/2016 - 04/2018
LEGAL ADVISOR AT TESTPILOT | FILMPILOT | LEGALPILOT [Estonia]
Assisted in legal compliance, assessed regulatory/insurance risks, negotiation with companies
02/2016 - 04/2016
INTERN AT THE TECH STARTUP LEGAL CLINIC [Estonia]
Advised on a trademark, corporate documents, investment dispute; proofread contracts
12/2014 - 03/2015
INTERN AT THE LITHUANIAN ARBITRATION COURT [Lithuania]
Analyzed foreign legislation on the recognition and enforcement of foreign awards
2013 - 2018
FREELANCE AND INTERNSHIPS [Ukraine, Norway, Lithuania, Estonia]
Provided legal services, analyzed legislation, drafted proceeding documents, etc.
E D U C A T I O N
UNIVERSITY OF TARTU [Estonia] LL.M., Information Technology Law
UNIVERSITY OF OSLO [Norway] Exchange student, Erasmus+
MYKOLAS ROMERIS UNIVERSITY [Lithuania]; TARAS SHEVCHENKO NATIONAL UNIVERSITY [Ukraine]
Double LL.M., Legal regulation of public administration and human rights
Tax Law Summer School at Vienna University of Economics and Business [Austria]
Human Rights Summer School at Białystok School of Public Administration [Poland]
S P E C I A L I Z A T I O N
Information Technology Law: Writing Website and Mobile Privacy Policies and Terms and Conditions;
Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and E-Privacy; E-Commerce; USA Privacy
Laws; Business Law in IT; IT Master Service Agreement; Contractors Agreement; Employment Agreement;
Intellectual Property in IT; Lex Facebook; Lex Robotics; Blockchain and Crypto Law; Tax Law in IT.
C E R T I F I C A T I O N
Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E)
License 11287353 (Issued on February 21, 2018, by the IAPP; Expires on February 29, 2020)
The CIPP/E demonstrates a strong foundation in privacy laws and understanding of the legal requirements
for the responsible transfer of sensitive personal data to and from the U.S., the EU and other jurisdictions.
Running (PB: marathon 4:03:35; 100 km-run: about 12:38) and Programming.